Burger, Black Bean Seasoning
No salt. An umami-rich blend that will help you create crave-worthy dinners. There’s a sweet medley that rises behind the aromatics, thanks to the dark and raisin-like flavor of chipotles, brisk green bell pepper, and the summer-ripe kiss of tomato. Yellow mustard rounds out the heat of the chipotle and adds a folksy, mellow depth. The peppery base of sweet paprika pulls the flavors back down to earth, where cumin’s inherent warmth and savory porcini mushrooms take root. The flavor is rich and luxurious, with playful heat.
Hand blended from garlic, onion, tomato, chipotle, porcini mushroom, cumin, paprika, green bell pepper, and mustard.
One ounce hand packed in bag.
Try this recipe for your Black Bean Burgers!
- 3 Tbsp flax seed, ground
- 5 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Olive Branch Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Small Onion, minced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 12 oz. Mushrooms, minced
- 14 oz. Can of black beans, drained and mashed
- 1 Cup Brown rice, cooked
- ¾ Cup Walnuts, ground coarse
- 1 Cup Rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp Low sodium soy sauce, or liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (use vegetarian if you want the recipe to be vegetarian)
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Tbsp Black Bean Burger Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine ground flaxseed and 5 Tbsp water and mix well. Set aside to let thicken.
- Combine mashed black beans, rice, walnuts, oats, arrowroot powder, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and flaxseed mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon or by hand.
- In a sauté pan heat 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil to medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Increase heat slightly to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Make sure all moisture is cooked off. Add Black Bean Burger Seasoning and mix well. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Combine the cooked mushroom mixture with the rest of the ingredients combined earlier. Mix well with a wooden spoon, or by hand. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Refrigerate mixture for 30-40 minutes.
- Form mixture into 8-4oz. patties (½ Cup) approximately ½ inch thick.
- Heat 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a skillet to medium. In batches, cook burgers 3-4 minutes per side. Do not flip too early, as the burger could stick.
- Baking directions- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone pad, and place burgers on it. Bake in 375F oven for 15-18 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato, pickles, red onion and desired condiments such as ketchup, mustard, and vegan mayo (if making the recipe vegetarian).